Referral Terms & Conditions
Free Energy: Plico Members Referral Program
Our referral program is designed to help you, our valued Members, help us, Plico Energy, grow our Plico Community and create a greater impact at a local household level – on our communities and on Climate Change, which impacts all of us.
As a thank you for referring your friends and family we will reward you – and them – with Free Energy on, and subject to, the terms and conditions as follows.
By indicating that you wish to participate in the Referral Program as indicated in the terms and conditions, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions at all times.
Terms & Conditions
- Free Energy Credit: An amount equal to one (1) week of Plico Energy Fees, which may be applied by Plico as a credit to reduce an Existing Member’s and a New Contact’s next monthly Plico account in accordance with and subject to these terms and conditions.
- Existing Member: A person (a) who has satisfied the requirements of Plico’s approvals process; (b) has and had a Plico system installed at their designated property; and (c) whose VPPSA has not been terminated for any reason.
- New Contact: Someone who has not previously had a Plico system installed at any property as part of the Plico Energy Project carried on by Plico.
- Plico, us, our, we: CEPCO 2019 Pty Ltd.
- Plico Energy Fees: means the weekly fee that is payable by an Existing Member or a New Contact under the respective VPPSA to which they are party (or if a weekly fee is not payable, that part of a fee that is attributable to a week).
- VPPSA: a Virtual Power Plant Services Agreement made between Plico and its customers, in the form used by Plico from time to time.
- You: Either or both of the Existing Member or the New Contact, as the context requires.
- On application by an Existing Member or a New Contact, Plico may give to:
- a Free Energy Credit to an Existing Member for a Successful Referral (as defined in paragraph 2.2 and 2.3) it has made ; and
- a Free Energy Credit to a New Contact who has a Plico system installed at their designated property and who was Successfully Referred (as defined in paragraph 2.2 and 2.3) by an Existing Member.
- A referral of a New Contact by a Existing Member will be a “Successful Referral” if:
- the New Contact enters into a VPPSA;
- the New Contact satisfies Plico’s conditions, criteria and requirements for entering into and receiving services under a VPPSA, including credit checks and title-deed checks;
- the New Contact’s application relating to the installation of the Plico system is approved by Synergy;
- the New Contact’s application relating to the installation of the Plico system is approved by Western Power;
- all conditions to installation of a Plico system at the New Contact’s designated property have been satisfied to Plico’s satisfaction; and
- the Plico system is fully installed and is operational at the New Contact’s designated property.
- A referral will not be a Successful Referral if the New Contact’s VPPSA is terminated prior to installation of a Plico system for any reason, including without limitation cancellation by the New Contact during the cooling off period or termination of their application due to a default by the New Contact.
- Plico may in its sole and absolute discretion make a final determination as to whether a Successful Referral has occurred and whether or not an application for Free Energy Credit is to be granted to any person (and that determination is final).
- Plico Energy may in its discretion elect to provide an opportunity to earn additional or bonus Free Energy as part of a promotion, at the discretion of the Plico Energy team.
- On application by an Existing Member or a New Contact, Plico may give to:
- How to refer someone
Existing Members can apply for a Free Energy Credit when their family and friends include the Existing Member’s email when signing up via the Referral Form on the Refer a Friend page: https://www.plicoenergy.com.au/referafriend.
Below are the methods by which you can provide a referral to the Plico Energy Project to friends/family:
- A physical “referral” card provided by the Existing Member to the New Contact containing the Existing Member’s email address and a URL to the Refer a Friend page on the Plico website. This card can be referenced by the New Contact to complete the Referral Form on the Plico website where they will need to manually input the details contained on the referral card.
- A digital link received by the Existing Member from the Plico Energy team via email, that can be forwarded or shared with prospective New Contacts within the referrer’s network. This can be shared by email or across the Existing Member’s social media accounts and will automatically populate the “referrer” field on the Referral Form on the website. This link will contain a unique code which enables us to track Free Energy back to the Existing Member.
- Word of mouth. Existing Members can simply tell friends and family to use the Existing Member’s email when the New Contact completes the Referral Form on the Plico website.
- How a New Contact can nominate the referrer and claim your Free Energy
A New Contact wishing to join the Plico movement will need to complete your application form and the Referral Form on the Plico website. You will need to input the Existing Member’s email to nominate them as your Referrer so that you both can apply to receive a Free Energy Credit.
- Handling unrecognised referrers
There may be cases where our team will not be able to recognise which Existing Member has made a possible referral. In this instance, we want to make sure you can participate in this referral program so our team may try to phone either party to confirm the referrer details.
An unrecognised referral will not stop the New Contact’s application from being processed.
- How do you use your Free Energy Credit?
If an Existing Member’s or a New Contact’s application for a Free Energy Credit is approved and allocated by Plico in accordance with these terms, the amount of the Free Energy Credit will be automatically applied by Plico as a credit against the Existing Member’s or New Contact’s (as the case may be) next account on the next GoCardless payment run.
Plico will send the Existing Member and the New Contact an email as soon as practicable after a Free Energy Credit is applied to your account, telling you why, and letting you know how many Free Energy Credits you have left, if any.
Once a Free Energy Credit has been applied in the manner set out above, it will have no further value. We will however continue to keep records of these Free Energy Credits for auditing and dispute-resolution purposes.
A Free Energy Credit is just our way of saying thank you. So a Free Energy Credit will only be applied as a credit to your account, and a Free Energy Credit has no monetary value, cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash, cannot be exchanged or redeemed for any other Plico good or serves (unless we agree otherwise) and are non-transferable.
Plico makes no representation or guarantee that a Free Energy Credit will be available following any referral or allocated and Existing Members and New Members have not and should not enter into any contract in the expectation of receiving the benefit of a Free Energy Credit, or in reliance on any representation made by anyone other than Plico.
While we understand you may want to tell your friends about the benefits of a Plico System, an Existing Member is not authorised bind Plico in any way, or make any representation or statement on behalf of Plico. You should refer any New Contact to our website for details on the Plico system
Plico Energy may cancel or amend these terms and the referral program at any time on giving reasonable notice, in its sole discretion. Any amended terms and conditions will be notified to all existing Members and made available on the Plico Energy website. Cancellation of this program will not affect any Free Energy Credits which have been earnt and not credited to your account before termination, and these terms will continue to apply to those Free Energy Credits.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia.